Shop | Classified Ads | Boats for Sale | Charters | Crew | Events | Press Release | Our Ambassadors

1931

1931

The “Britannia Trophy” was presented to SMYC by HRH David, the Prince of Wales, subsequently Edward VIII. Originally the Trophy was for 4hp motor boat races on the Thames but fell out of use at the commencement of World War II. The Trophy was next presented in 1987 for an offshore power boat race from Tower Bridge to Brighton with an overnight stop at Ramsgate (Royal Temple Yacht Club – awarded a Warrant for the Undefaced Blue in 1898). The Trophy was presented in the subsequent two years but not since.

Leave a reply